Thursday, October 9, 2008

Narrowed it down

So, I've got two contenders for a first marathon - either the Breast Cancer Marathon in Jacksonville, Florida in February or the Washington D.C. Marathon in March. Here are the pros and cons for each:

Breast Cancer Marathon
Pros:
Raises money for a good cause
Warm weather
I'd get to travel for it :)
Cons:
I'd have to travel for it
Might not be enough time to train
More expensive than DC with travel and lodging, etc

Washington D.C. Marathon
Pros:
I could drive and stay with Byrno
More time to train
I know D.C. so the course wouldn't be a total surprise
Cons:
D.C. in March? Potentially really icky weather
March might be a little late, I might like to do one sooner

So I'm kind of stuck right now, I don't know which to choose. If anyone actually reads this blog (and I don't think anyone does, lol) go ahead and weigh in on which one you think I should sign up for. Obviously I'm not insane, so I'm not going to do both, but I am going to do the Pittsburgh Marathon the first weekend in May (mile 19 comes right past my house, I'd be crazy NOT to run it!).

In other news, I got an email that my photos from the Great Race are online. They suck. I'm not even in the foreground of the finish one! Haakan's got like 5 photos, all of him looking like a runner. And they only got 1 of me, and I'm in the background. Guess you need to run with a much faster time in order to get a decent photo.

No comments: